Since it’s a script, the user can freely share the BonyFace rigged character with another professional NOT having BonyFace, anyone can load and render the scene with BonyFace-objects without having BonyFace installed like any common 3ds max scene.
BonyFace starts facial rig creation from scratch, it’s an easiest and fastest way to create facial rig, with BonyFace you can create full face rig in 10-20 minutes!
Rigging and Skinning (basic tools)
- Spline based system allows the user to properly “map” a 3D-face
- Stretchy bones drive the whole face for unlimited facial expressions and deformations
- Rig system for head is created automatically based on spline system
- Skin phase is performed automatically. It automatically adds a Skin modifier to the head (or modifies an existing Skin modifier if present) and adds bones of BonyFace-rig to current skeleton. Cat, Biped and Bones are supported.
- Skin mechanics works with the internal skin modifier of 3dsmax and intelligentely auto-weights the points of a 3D-Face to provide you with a perfect base on muscle deformation
- Intelligent weighting automatically recognizes several regions of a face and applies proper weighting to the vertices according to where they are
- After skin phase the user can tweak the envelopes as they normally would, to get an even better deformation for their character, this however in most cases is not necessary
- BonyFace automaticly creates rig and skin for tongue and eyelashes
Control Mechanics (basic tools)
- Using a system of standard max circle shapes, the user gets UNLIMITED deformations on their 3D-face, this is one of the great features that sets BonyFace apart from other available plugins and scripts for 3dsmax
- The Direct Controls (blue colored) provide immediate deformation of skin regions
- The Soft Controls (yellow colored) have a weight system that globally changes the position of the direct controls
- Ability to rotate and stretch the lips is provided
- You can adjust any settings of the rig very fast and easy through a very comprehensive UI
Face Control Center and Selector
- You can select and/or move any control through a very handy UI, even if the control is hidden, actually you don’t need to select any control in the viewport in most cases
- There are many different ways to manipulate with selection, move opposite controls together or apart using Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys
- There are some comfortable and useful tools to manipulate with mouth controls
- You can save, load, browse and apply facial poses and animations
- Two different modes: Mixer and Grimace are provided to interactively mix the poses
- Importer of poses and animations – you can use poses and animations were made for one character on another character
Animation Layers (extended tools)
- You can create and manage with animation layers of three types: AutoBlink, BVH (a standard motion capture file format) and Normal (standard keyframe animation)
- It is possible to change the weight of layer
- AutoBlink layer periodically applies the poses, so you can use it to make any repeated animation, such as blinking, breathing, laughing and etc.
- BVH-layer transfers mocap animation from BVH-model to 3D-Face. BVH-model is automatically created by BonyFace when user loads BVH-file, it is possible to interactively adjust controls movement at any frame
- BVH-files created by Zign Track are supported
… make sure to like and share this tool if you appreciate it !